Is Facebook Enough?
Is Facebook Enough to Get You Leads or Customers?
Is Facebook enough to get you leads and/or customers? One cannot deny that Facebook can be a powerful marketing tool to increase your brand awareness and reach potential customers. However, because of this, too many businesses believe that being active (posting and sharing) on Facebook will translate to being successful online. This is simply not the case.
Here are some Facebook Numbers You Need To Know
Firstly, before we discuss why we should even bother with Facebook, here are some Facebook numbers you need to consider. [Source: Ad Espresso]
- There are 1.82 billion daily active users on Facebook, as of 2020, and over 2.7 billion monthly active users.
- Approximately 74% of Facebook users visit the site at least once daily.
- People spend an average of 38 minutes per day on Facebook.
- Facebook has more than 500 million daily viewers on Stories.
- Facebook users made an average of 5 comments, 12 post likes, 1 share, and 1 Page like in October 2020.
- The average engagement rate for Pages with fewer than 10,000 fans is about 0.52%, but as you gain more fans, the average decreases.
- WhatsApp (which is owned by Facebook) and Facebook Messenger are the two most popular Messenger apps all over the world.
Is Facebook Enough? The ‘YES’ Camp.
My brother-in-law said to me in 2015 that his business is on Facebook and LinkedIn. That’s it. He didn’t have a website. Facebook and LinkedIn were cheap (FREE) and the web page speed is super fast.
As a veteran marketer and business owner, I can only describe my response as ‘shocked’. In the internet age, the idea of not having a website (to me) is like telling your potential customers that you do not wish to be found.
He runs a very successful influencer marketing agency called This Is Amplify. He is right – he has saved time and money by not doing web design and development.
This is also more common than you think. A lot of small businesses like tradies, yoga instructors, fitness instructors, and sole traders don’t have a website. Their only online asset (platform) is on Facebook, and they are getting work and are doing just fine.
When is Facebook NOT Enough?
Now that we have talked about when Facebook is enough, let’s look at the other side of the coin. When is Facebook NOT enough?
Let me remind you that Facebook is a website and app, and it is owned by Facebook. The Facebook business page that is free is borrowed space. It is not yours nor your business’ website. Which means Facebook dictates who sees your Facebook Page and you are at the mercy of Facebook’s rules and regulations.
Here are some things to consider if your only online asset is your Facebook Page:
- When people are searching on Google or Bing, they won’t find your website. Yes, they may find your Facebook Page, but if the search was done on mobile then FB, being gated, will not automatically show your FB Page.
- If you have less than 10,000 fans (Likes and Followers) you’ll only get 0.52% engagement.
- You’ll miss out on LinkedIn Traffic.
- You’ll miss out on YouTube Traffic.
- No one will find your business on Google Maps.
- If you pay Facebook for traffic, then you are paying Facebook to drive traffic to itself. If you have a website and you advertised on Facebook, you will be getting (organic or paid) traffic from Facebook to YOUR website.
- If you spend hundreds or thousands of dollars to advertise on radio, magazines, or TV, then you’ll be driving traffic to Facebook (Page). You’ll literally be paying to help Facebook get more traffic.
- You can’t effectively email your database and send them offers because that database/list is within Facebook. In a normal situation, where you have your own website, that database/mailing list will live on your website.
- You can’t easily scale your online brand and offers.
- Because you can’t easily scale your small business, it will be difficult to grow your business.
At Marketing Samurais, our goal is to deliver three things: more traffic, more revenue, and more growth for your business. So if you are ready to grow your brand, complete the enquiry form on our website today to get started.
To truly take your digital marketing strategy to the next level, it’s always best to have a helping hand from an experienced pro. Marketing Samurais can help you craft the right strategy for your brand. Here at Marketing Samurais, we have three goals, and that is to deliver more traffic, more revenue, and more growth to all of our clients.
A Conversion Between an SEO and a Social Media Expert about the News Media Bargaining Code
The interview was done on the 18th Feb 2021.
If you are ready to supercharge your growth, then get started today by completing the enquiry form below.